Do you wish your family could see your child's dance recitals, even if they can't be there in person? With today's technology, it's easier than ever to live stream performances right from your smartphone. In this post, I'll walk you through how to live stream a dance recital so loved ones never have to miss those magical moments on stage.
Why Live Stream Dance Recitals?
Live streaming allows family and friends, who can't be there, to experience recitals and performances in real time. It's the next best thing to attending in person! Reasons you may want to live stream a dance recital include:
* Relatives living in different states/countries can watch the show live.
* Sick or elderly family members who can't attend can still be part of the excitement.
* You'll have a recording you can rewatch again and again.
What You'll Need to Live Stream a Recital
Live streaming a dance recital is easy with just a couple of items:
* A smartphone or tablet
* A strong WiFi or mobile data connection
Apps like Facebook Live, YouTube, allow you to live stream from your phone for free. However, please keep in mind that since there is going to be music at the dance recital, both Facebook and Youtube will probably block or delete your live stream once the music starts playing due to copyright regulations. We recommend choosing a dedicated platform like EventLive that provides a private viewing link you can share with family and friends.
How to Live Stream a Dance Recital Step-By-Step
1. Download EventLive app and have it installed on the phone/ tablet that you plan to use for live streaming. You can test the app / schedule your event on any device and then login to your EventLive account to live stream from any phone or tablet.
2. Once you schedule your event, you can share the event link with family and friends and they will be able to open it in any browser, no downloads/registrations are required for the viewers to watch!
3. You can also test the live stream before the recital starts to ensure everything is working properly. The app allows for unlimited free tests, and they’re private. This will give you time to make any necessary adjustments before the show begins and to understand how the app works.
4. Have your smartphone ready, it’s showtime. A few minutes before the event starts, make sure that your smartphone is charged, your camera is free from fingerprints, and place it properly on a small tripod. If you didn’t get one for this purpose, you could also hold the phone.
5. When you’re ready, press “Go Live”. You’re live! The guests will be able to watch the live stream at the link provided.
6. The app includes a guestbook or a chat, which family and friends can use to leave messages. It’s a neat feature, but you can disable it if you prefer it that way.
7. You can also add links at the bottom of the page, including any important information about the studio you want to share.
8. If you are part of the studio or would like to sell tickets to the live stream, please see our detailed guide on “How to sell tickets to your live stream”.
9. Last but not least, anyone can download the recital if you want them to. Simply share the Download link when the event ends, and you’re set. Keepsakes, check.
With just a few easy steps, you'll give family and friends front row "seats" to enjoy those special dance recital moments, even from miles away.